Ok, I'm finally creating a new post. I just hope I don't get introuble because I'm at work, but there is seriously nothing for me to do.
Anyway, i'll just quickly update everyone on what is going on in our lives. As you all probably know Mark is in South Dakota right now. This is his first of five clinical roations during the 3 year Physical Therapy program. He is liking the experience for the most part. This rotation is Acute Care, so he is working in a hospital. He is working on the cardio and pulminary Floor, so he sees a lot of elderly patience that have heart problems. The one thing that he really does not like about working in Acute Care is that sometimes he has to change dirty diapers . He has had some pretty nasty things happen. One persons cathedar spilled open all over the floor, one person can't control bowel movements and has to be constantly wiped and changed, there have been a couple other instances where he has had do deal with nasty body fluids. YUCK!!!! Also in a couple weeks he will be moving to the burns and wounds unit. That will also be quit the experience dealing with bed sours and other gross wounds.
Me, i have a new job at Fogg & Associates, patent law firm. I like it for the most part. There are some hard things about it but every job has those. It is so nice to have the weekends and nights off, although as soon as i have the weekends and nights off Mark leaves for SD so we don't get to spend time together anyway. We figured out that when he comes back in August it will have been 8 months since we have been able to see each other at nights and on Saturdays. Crazy!!! All i know is that i can't wait until August. It will be like a vacation everyday being with Mark.
The last couple of weeks have been super hard without Mark, but i think i'm handling it fairly well. I sleep on the couch, but other than that things are normal. I just try and keep myself busy so i don't think about being alone. Although, one of the most depressing things is getting on the train to come home from work and realizing Mark won't be there and i'm going to an empty appartment room. That may sound really sad, well it is, but i'm doing fine. Mark is able to come home most weekends, so it is fine.
(I'm really sorry about the poor spelling and grammer, i was never good at it and i really don't feel like going through and correcting all of it)
7 comments:
Hi Tiffany! It was so good to read about what's going on in your life. Poor Mark, that would really be hard to do some of the clean up stuff he's had to do.....Good experience but not pleasant. I would imagine the burn unit would be really hard, especially if people are in really bad pain. I couldn't do that. As for you, I can relate being married to a military man. Grandpa was always going off to war games, etc. as well as real war, so I was alone a lot. I also slept on the couch! Hang in there. Love you
Tiff- man you're handling things better than I would. Hopefully these next few weeks will fly by and then life will seem somewhat back to normal again. Thanks for updating your blog. It was good to read about whats going on.
Tiff that is the sweetest thing saying it will be like a vacation when you are with Mark!!! The line you wrote would be good in a movie!
I hope Mark has a good birthday this weekend. WIsh you could be with him...Maybe you ought to take a bus out there and suprise him :O)>
That would be so fun!!!!
I heard you got to see Matt not too long ago. Well hope youre doing okay and hope the next few weeks fly by. :)
Don't know if you know, Matt is in Boise now. It was great to read your blog and see how you're doing!
Post a Comment