Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Update

I thought I would take a few minutes and give everyone an update. Sorry, still no pictures. Maybe someday.....Well, on Sunday I was released as Primary President. I am very relieved but also very sad. It will be sad not working with the children. I have decided that in order for me to fit in Relief Society I better learn to knit!!.....It seems like when ever I peek my head in Relief Society people are knitting. My new calling is Enrichment leader or co leader or something with Enrichment. That will be fun. I'm excited to get to know some of the other sisters in our ward.

Mark is on his 2nd clinical rotation in St. Croix Falls, WI, which is about a 70 minute drive from our apt. He works 4 days a week 10 hours a day. Which is nice because he doesn't have to make the long drive everyday. The only hard thing is that his clinical starts at 7am and so he gets up at 4:30-4:45!!!! He really loves it there though. He really enjoys his CI (clinical instructor) and the people he works with. Everyone there is trying to recruit him to work there after he graduates. He is very tempted to take a job there, he loves it so much. I'm happy he likes it so much but also sad because I don't necessarily want to stay in the Midwest, I want to move back west around my family. Mark is loving his experience there. He is working in a general practice setting so he does a lot of out patient, in patent and home care. He loves the variety. One of the patients, a senior boy in high school, blew out his knee playing soccer. His insurance quit paying for all the therapy bills and his parents couldn't afford the cost so the hospital and Mark's CI are letting Mark do his therapy, which is such a good experience for Mark. Because Mark is a student and isn't getting paid the boy can see him for therapy and not get charged. Mark's CI will then try and take a few minutes a day to see how things are going. Mark really likes having full responsibility for someone although it is kind of scary because he isn't an actual therapist yet. I'm sure the parents of the boy appreciate it though.

Pregnancy is going well. I feel a few aches and pains but not bad. By the end of the day my back is a bit sore and my legs are a bit swollen but over all I feel really good. If all of pregnancy felt this good I think I wouldn't mind be pregnant forever...Well, it will be nice to not have to go to the bathroom every hour. They baby is moving constantly which is fun. I like it, it feels like my stomach is constantly getting a massage! I have 8 1/2 more weeks left so it is coming up soon. Although, I don't have anything ready. The baby's room is still full of boxes and junk we haven't unpacked yet and we don't have a crib or anything. At least we have a few cloths for the little guy. I just hope he doesn't come early or he will be sleeping on the floor!! Maybe one of these days I can get to the store and a least buy a bottle, bath stuff, and a few onesies (we only have, I think, one that Jami gave us.) I know we are pathetic but life gets busy and I just don't have time to get out. I could write a whole other paragraph about our busy life but that is boring and this is getting long as it is. Anyway, things are good and maybe just maybe I can get a picture or two up.....don't get your hopes up though.

6 comments:

Sherri said...

Kinda fun, I'm the first to comment on both yours and Jami's. Well you two DO sound busy. I'm glad your pregnancy is going well. I'm excited for you to have him. Do you feel quite a bit less busy now since you're not Primary Pres? Your new calling sounds like a good calling to get to know other ladies. Good luck!

bren said...

Your new calling sounds fun. When I was single at BYUI, I was the enrichment teacher, so I taught the lessons before each activity. I don't know if its the same thing but I really liked it. Not only was it once a month but it was like a 15 minute lesson/spiritual thought! And it forced me to go out and go to those things. It's easy for me to get caught up/busy and justify not going. Well, that's good that your pregnancy is going pretty good right now. You are so lucky that you only have 8 weeks or so left!

Unknown said...

Yeah, i'm quite a bit less busy now that i'm not the Primary President. Which is really nice. I'm excited for my new calling. I don't know exactly what i'll be doing yet but i like the person i'm working with

Anonymous said...

We could sure use Mark around here. Brig really hurt his knee skiing and I don't know if I sould be worried or just let time heal it. Any ideas?

Anonymous said...

Tiff, what exactly are you in charge of with your calling? Enrichment is fun.

julie said...

That was me Tiff.