This last weekend is one that I don't ever want to repeat. It has been so busy and tiring. We moved on Saturday to our new apartment but with general conference and all it was a bit crazy.
All week we have been trying to find a CHEAP truck to rent for the weekend but had a really hard time finding anything that would work with our schedule. We had to be out of our old place by 10am on Saturday and couldn't move into our new place until Sunday or Monday. To rent a U-haul for the weekend would have cost us about $400.00!! On Tuesday Mark spent the whole morning trying to find a truck and figure out how we were going to move. Fortunately he stopped and talked to the manager at our old place and the manager said that he was going to be gone on Saturday so we could move out any time on Saturday. Mark also called the manager of our new place and she said that we could move our stuff into our new apartment while the painters were painting that Saturday afternoon. Perfect now we just needed to find a truck for Saturday. We found one but it was for 6:00pm on Saturday. Things seemed to workout pretty well except for the fact that it was conference weekend and the priesthood session starts at 7:00pm!! We got the truck anyway and just hoped things would workout.
On Friday Mark's parents and brother came over to help us pack and clean. We had been packing the whole week but still had tons to do. We ended up staying up until way late packing and cleaning on Friday night, luckily Mark's parents came or we would have been up all night. Saturday morning we also packed and cleaned until conference. Unfortunately we can't watch it at our house so we had to go to the church to listen to it. During Conference I got a phone call on my cell saying that we could move in to our apartment anytime that day because the painters had finished the day before. We spent the 2 hours between conference signing papers for our new apartment and once again packing. After the second session of conference I dropped Mark off at the U-haul place to pick up our truck and went home to finishes up cleaning.
Around 6:00pm a bunch of men (5 or so including Mark's dad and brother) from our ward came to help us move. It actually went really quickly. They got the truck all loaded by 7:00, went to the priesthood session, and then unloaded the truck afterwards. All that time I was cleaning our old apartment. I was so pooped out by the end of the night. I guess our apartment was more disgusting than I would like to admit, but it sure took me forever to clean.We didn't get to bed until about 1:00am. So I was dieing with no sleep the night before.
Notice that I didn't mention breakfast, lunch, or dinner. We didn't have anything to eat all day!! Well, actually we had a a yogurt, hand full of pretzels and shared a banana! (oh, and some frosting left over form the primary activity. I was hungry and I couldn't find anything else to eat :) ) I have been starving all weekend!!!!
Anyway, things worked out but it was stressful and VERY tiring. And although I was really tired and struggled to stay awake I really did enjoy conference. Even with the stress of the move.
I don't have pictures to put up now but I do have some so maybe someday I will get them up. :)
9 comments:
I'm so glad you wrote this on your blog. I've been wondering about your weekend and havent' been able to get a hold of you!!
Woa! sounds like you had vrazy weekend! Do you like your new place?
sounds like a chaotic weekend! I dont handle those very well, especially when Im hungry! Hopefully you'll get things settled in your new place and be able to relax. Do you like your apt?
sounds so crazy! get some good rest this week!
Looking forward to pictures of your new place. Is it very close to your old apartment?
Wow! that made me tired just reading it - hope you won't have anything like that happen again gr gpa C
Glad that is all behind you and you are having fun fixing up and decorating your new place:0) Funny, no matter how busy I am, I never forget to eat! Looking forward to pictures.
I just wanted to respond to your comment on my blog about the haircutting incident. Yes, I remember that. I don't think I even cared what you did to it and I ended up liking it afterwards too! We obviously looked good though because we got those hot gansters at the Grand Coulee Dam on 4th of July! What were their names? Steven and Wayne or something?? Just kidding!! :)
Hey Tiffany, how's your pregnancy going? You have less than 2 months huh? I'm so excited for you! I just wanted to say hi. Hope you're feeling good!
Post a Comment