Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Camping






Mark had work off this last tuesday so we decided Monday night to go camping. Zach loved it. He would point to all the trees and say "teeee" and then when he stumbled on some rockes he would sit in the dirt or lay down and brush his arms up and down the dirt. It was so fun to watch him. He loves being outside and up in the mountains with all the trees was heaven for him.

I was prepared for the worst when it came to sleeping but Zach did really well. He went to bed a couple hours past bed time but slept really well. After we put him down at 9pm he only cried for a couple minutes before falling asleep. we wrapped him in a blanket and then put him in my sleeping bag. I was planing on getting in the sleeping bag with him because my bag was pretty wide and we only have two sleeping bags but when i tried Zach woke up and cried for about 30 minutes. As soon as i left him alone in the sleeping bag he went back to sleep. So Mark and I ended up sleeping under an unzipped sleeping bag together. thankfully it wasn't bitter cold, but it was a bit chilly. It was also so windy. We were amazed at how windy it was. At one point during the night the front part of the tent collapsed on us. it was crazy. but we all had fun. and slept better than expected.

7 comments:

Trent and Steph said...

That looks like a lot of fun. We have taken Cort only once and I ended up staying at Trent's Aunt's house with Cort, cause it was cold when we went and he was still pretty little.

Jessica said...

Sounds like tons of fun. Zach looks so cute in those jeans.

Alisha said...

OH HOW FUN! It makes me want to go camping, just not in this heat! I love Zachs shirt!

julie said...

You are brave to attempt the camping. I'm glad it turned out good! By the way Tiff, by the darkness of your arm, I can tell you've been running a lot:).

Jami said...

You ARE brave. I think that sounds so fun. I've been trying to talk Layne into buying a tent so that we can take the kiddies camping...

bren said...

That's cool that your camping trip went well, especially with Zach's sleeping. We only went twice this summer because it's not fun hearing Deacon run around the tent crying all night. (we dont have a pac n play, which are nice for camping). Anyway, that looks like a lot of fun!

Sarah said...

You're so adventurous to go camping! What fun parents you are. We're yet to get beyond hotel rooms. Looks like you had so much fun!